Title: Scheme of trachea
C. Scheme trachea, human adult
D. Scheme trachea, human adult (detail of rectangle in C)
(12) pseudostratified ciliated epithelium
(13) seromucous tracheal glands
(14) condensed layer of elastic fibers at the border of lamina propria and submucosa
(15) hyaline cartilage (contributing to the tunica fibro-musculo-cartilaginea)
(16) fibroelastic membrane between cartilage rings enclosed by a peripheral adventitial layer
Title: Longitudinal section of trachea
Stain Azan, human adult. On top: the epithelium (1) is pseudostratified with cilia and goblet cells. The dense lamina propria (2, ↓, deep blue) is demarcated from the submucosa with seromucous tracheal glands (3). C-shaped cartilage rings (C, light blue) maintain patency. The cartilage edges are connected by a fibrous tissue
(5, fibroelastic membrane) and bands of smooth muscle fibers (contributing to the tunica fibro-musculo-cartilaginea).
External to the latter an adventitia layer is present.
Keywords/Mesh: respiratory tract, trachea, pseudostratified epithelium, seromucous gland, tracheal gland, hyaline cartilage,
elastic fiber, fibroelastic membrane, adventitia, histology, POJA collection